Thursday, September 17, 2020

Budding Rhyme-makers enlighten Thursday

 #DailyFlowers

 Shalini is upping the ante  and kicked it off with:

Now friends have joined the fun
Sending me pictures, including this one
My treasures were running dry
But disappoint @Kirti? No, not I!
Image courtesy Anjuli. 
 
My answer to her:
 
There seems to be some odd communication between friends
Both of us have received flowers on the same spectrum end
Dusky rose does the heart please
Offers the early morn an entirely new lease

Why would Vivek stay behind, he came in with 
Is this really pink?
I asked
Coz I didn’t want
to cause a stink.
U only know,
 “Fifty Shades of Grey”,
Said the missus
But if you really think
There’s “Fifty shades of Pink”
How could I let him go without a riposte
There is pink, there is pink and then there is pink
There are more pinks than you and I can think
I have a link, it calls this crepe
Whatever the name, it's beautifully draped
 
Shashi brought in another pink

 'Tis time for pinks to return to center
They open wide the door for others to enter
Vividness glimpsed from afar
Beauty with none at par 
 
I was a little delayed, but Anjali as usual has come to my rescue and hence
Friends are precious, friends are free
Perfect accomplices for the #DailyFlowers spree
One mention that out of pictures I have run
From their treasures they pull out more fun
 
Sai brought in a beautiful sight, 
 
Pinks on a hillside beside the sea
Perky, waving bright as a pea
Gently tinted by the sun
Flowers create their own fun 

My cousin I cannot leave out, dutifully she sends blooms everyday 
A dusky rose with a shy drooping head
Its presence stands the garden in good stead
Brilliantly it lights up the morn
At its sight, cares, worries, stresses are shorn 


 My co-contributors:
Rachna

 

1 comment:

Majesty on Show

#DailyFlowers Birth & death, the cycle is set  Within each journey are expectations to be met Time moves fast, & then it moves slow ...

Search This Blog